A compendium of food, dining and beverage information from the U.S. and the world
Reported by gadling.com:
Knott’s Berry Farm has added a chocolate bacon funnel cake to the menu at the Buena Park, Calif., theme park’s Funnel Cake Kitchen.
Reported by Tastingtable.com:
Salty, crunchy fried olives have been a favorite bite-size snack in Italy for centuries, and now they’re making delicious inroads on American menus. At 8 Oz Burger Bar in Miami, chef Jacob Wildman fills large, green Spanish olives with house-made chorizo, rolls them in a cayenne-and paprika-spiked panko crust and fries them.
Reported by guardian.co.uk:
“When you are underfed, harassed, bored and miserable, you don’t want to eat dull, wholesome food. You want something a little bit tasty.”
Reported by icw-net.com:
Top Failed Haggis Marketing Ploys:
– Freeze-dried Haggis, the official haggis of NASA
– Kentucky Fried Haggis, in extra-crispy or the Colonel Original secret recipe
– Mountain Ewe, totally refreshing carbonated haggis beverage. Do the Ewe!
– Wool-Whip Non-dairy dessert topping
– Two all-sheep haggis, special sauce, lettuce, cheese……
– Haggis Dazs: Premium ice cream with chunky swirls of real haggis
Reported by theretailbulletin.com:
New research published by G4S Secure Solutions reveals almost one in ten retail employees have committed a crime against their employer in the last 12 months. The most common crime committed by retail employees was consuming produce without paying for it.
* Listen to Radio Nibbles, John Lehndorff’s weekly food conversation and commentary program, at 8:25 a.m. Thursdays on KGNU – 885 FM, 1390 AM, and online at http://www.kgnu.org.
* Nibbles Dining Column: http://yellowscene.com/2010/03/24/nibbles-talkin-bout-my-aging-generation
* Comments: email@example.com
* Visit: www.johnlehndorff.com
* Interview with Top Chef winner Hosea Rosenberg: http://www.ediblecommunities.com/frontrange/summer-2009/hosea-on-top.htm