- Technomics recently released The Status and Future of Fast Foods: Consumer Trend Report based on a November survey of 2,000 consumers. One finding: “fast food” and “quick casual” are fusing into a wider “food fast” category.
- Nearly half of consumers (49 percent) say they eat at fast food restaurants at least once a week.
- One out of four consumers (24 percent) say they’ve increased their visits to fast food restaurants in the past year.
- Roughly half of consumers (52 percent) say that a fast food meal should be delivered within five minutes; consumers are willing to wait somewhat longer for items they perceive as “food fast.”
- Efficient ordering and carryout options at full-service restaurants have strong appeal.
- Visit: JohnLehndorff.com